Monday, November 14, 2011

An awesome weekend!

It's amazing the things that we take for granted as parents, snuggling in bed with the children on a cold winter morning, taking a stroll in a park, teaching our little ones to ride a tricycle, stealing sloppy wet kisses... Well this weekend we did ALL of that and I loved EVERY SECOND! It was so "normal"! It was one of the few weekends that Cameron has been home since he was diagnosed. We had so much fun doing everyday things that I used to take for granted, it's amazing how ones life can change in a split second. Let's face it, cancer SUCKS, but it has taught me some very important lessons, every day that we have with our children in a monumental blessing, it's the little things in life that make us happy, some things - like having a perfectly clean house -are just not THAT important, especially if I could be doing something fun with the kids. I have also learnt who my true friends are and how blessed I am to have such amazing people in my life!

Speaking of amazing friends, on Friday night, our friends Anni and Neil held a fundraiser for Cameron. What a fantastic night! They held a raffle for two great prizes, a Teddy Bear like the one that Cameron carries with him all the time, donated by my dear friend Carol Martin and a photography session with Germaine Vlok, who has taken all of our family photos and is a truely a phenomenal photographer!

$700 was raised for Cameron and we are so grateful to everyone who came to support us and of course to Anni and Niel for hosting, and for all the people who donated food, wine and prizes. Thank you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment