Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Enormous Blessings

Sometimes it takes a crisis to open up our eyes to how blessed we really are!  I always knew that we had good friends and a loving, supportive family; but since Cameron's diagnosis, I have realized just how amazing people are - and not just our friends and family - but complete strangers too!

I am awestruck with how many calls, emails and facebook messages we have received. My neighbors and friends have brought us meals, as have families from James' preschool. We have been given gas (petrol) cards to help with the expense of getting to the hospital; friends from the other side of the world have sent gifts for the boys whilst others have helped with fundraising and have donated their time, helping me with James and sitting with Cameron at the hospital. Several people have generously donated money to Cameron's medical care. A few weeks ago, I found a parcel that had been left for the boys on the driveway, no name was attached and my efforts to track down who had left it were futile.  This morning, I logged into my bank account and found that someone had made an anonymous donation.  These are just a few of the amazing things that incredible people have done to help us!  Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts - THANK YOU!  You all mean so much to us and we really appreciate your support through these tough times.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicky and Frank
    We are following your blog and our hearts are with you. Many of our Church friends are also praying for Cameron an the whole family and keeping up with your news.
    Be strong and keep trusting....
    Lots of love. Kevin and Chantal

    ReplyDelete